Best local in touch & culture - 08 hours
This morning your tour guide will pick up you from the hotel between 08:00am to 08:30am and drive towards the countryside for to stroll around on-the-ground of a beautiful Roluos market selling a lot of farmer produces mostly freshness fruits, veggies and much more charming than the displays of industrial products. Walking through, you will see people are busy with bargaining taking place around stalls with authentic aesthetic, even involuntary.
Continue afterwards to Kampong Phluk, which is a cluster of three villages of stilted houses built within the floodplain of the Tonle Sap. The villages are primarily Khmer and have about 3000 inhabitants between them. Flooded mangrove forest surrounds the area and is home to a variety of wildlife. During the dry season when the water levels are low, the buildings in the villages seem to soar atop their 6-meter stilts. At this time of year many of the villagers move out onto the lake and build temporary stilted houses. In the wet season when water level rises again, the villagers move back to their permanent houses on the floodplain, the stilts now hidden under the water. Enjoy an intriguing boat trip through the village and its mangroves and learn more about this exceptional way of life. (Please note: From Feb to July, the boat Kampong Phluk may not be accessible due to the low water levels each year. We will endeavor to change to Chong Kneas floating village instead of).
On the way back to Siem Reap you will visit the pre-Angkorian capital of Roluos Group. Roluos temples group is the province oldest temple site. It was once the seat of the Hariharalaya, the first capital of the ancient Khmer Empire. Roluos’ three main features are Preah Ko, Lolei and Bakong. Bakong and Preah Ko temples were constructed by King Indravarman I where Lolei temple was constructed by King Yasovarman I. All three structures however, date back to the late 9th century and represent the beginning of the classical period of Khmer civilization. Continue to get inside a pagoda to learn more about the life of a Monk and Theravada Buddhism. Buddhism in Cambodia is a way of life that most people incorporate into their daily life. You will get to meet the Monks, experience a sacred water blessing for good luck and prosperity - a very special experience, have a red band tied around your wrist to keep you safe in your travels and see the temple’s fascinating pagoda art.
· Siem Reap- Local Bustling Market at Roluos Village
· Siem Reap – Ride a local wooden boat at Kampong Phluk ‘s floating village
· Siem Reap – Interaction with local family that living on the stilted home
· Siem Reap – Rolous group temples (No temples Pass included)
· Siem Reap – Monk blessing at Rolous group
· Siem Reap – Entrance fee and boat fee at Kampong Phluk floating village
· Siem Reap – Full day experienced of English tour guide
· Siem Reap – Water and cold towel
· Siem Reap – Vehicle with air-conditioned for the whole trip
· Any visas required
· Angkor Park Pass Entrance fee
· Services not mentioned in the itinerary
· Late check out at hotels
· Meals and drinks not mentioned in the itinerary
· Tips for guide and driver
· Expenditure of personal nature
· Personal Insurance
· Optional activities
Tour Prices & Booking policy:
· No credit cards require, as you can pay direct on the day tour with your local guide
· The price is basing on the how many people booking in this trip as we encourage more travelers to experience with our unique products
· This is a sharing trip but if you would like to do a private trip then just let us know by e-mail
· No cancelation fee to be applied for this booking
· The price is per person in USD
· For confirm the booking we only need your full name, Hotel where you stay, and the service date with how many people in your group.
· Dress code, appropriate attire when visiting temples is long pants (covering the knees) and shirts that cover shoulders. Skirts, small shorts, tank tops, and other items of revealing clothing are not allowed within temples complex.
· Please wearing the comfortable shoes for walking.
· Any valuable stuffs must be keep at the hotel such as flight tickets, passport, Visa and the bulk of your cash/ travelers cheques for safety keeping. Just take some spare money for settle to temples fee and your daily expenditures.
· One day Temples entrance fee is USD37.
· Daily pick up from the hotel between 08:00am to 08:30am for your amazing tour.
- Siem Reap
- Day Trip Tours
- 08 hours